It is finally complete! After 3 short years this amazing Resort and Spa was recently opened to the public a few months ago.
Yesterday, I decided to take the girls on a little field trip to the Aulani Disney Resort at Koolina. I figured since we won't be able to go to Disneyland anytime soon, this would be the next best thing for the time being. It was a little humid but great to walk around and get some fresh air.
We walked in through the lobby and headed downstairs to walk through their huge pool complex. It was so tempting to jump in. Elle wanted to swim but she knew we were only there to walk around. Everyone looked like they were having so much fun. It was very family oriented. I can only hope we can one day plan a little stay-cation just so we can have as much fun as everyone else.
While walking around there were little hints of Disney everywhere. Minnie Mouse was taking pictures with the tourist, statue of Stitch, people wearing the Disney logo shirts and robes everywhere. I was hoping Stitch was walking around because Elle likes Lilo & Stitch but I was happy to see a little wooden statue of him.
![]() |
| Elle and Stitch |
Elle and I were getting a little hungry so we stopped at one of their eating places to grab a little bite. I ordered her a yummy angus cheeseburger with fries and a chocolate milk and we shared. It was their kids meal all for $6.95 (thank goodness I have Elle because their regular priced items were ridiculously expensive! $13 for a burger meal - no thank you)
As we sat down to enjoy our meal I looked up at the building and couldn't help but enjoy the view of my company's lanai railing. When I was first hired by my company (3 years ago) Disney was still a concept on paper and we were trying to bid on this project for the job. We fortunately won the bid and throughout my employment I had the privilege to work close with my boss in making his rail designs come to life on this project. From seeing his designs on paper and finalizing the paint color, seeing the end product is rewarding.
![]() |
| A view of my company's rails |





1 comment:
So Fun! I entered to win a trip to Aulani through good morning america. I'm pretty sure I'm going to win! Elle looks so old with short hair!
Post a Comment