Wednesday, October 5, 2011

All about Elle...

Words to describe Elle...
Friendly, sweet, goofy, smart, loving, creative, inventive, patient...

Elle will be turning 5 years old in a few more days!  Unbelievable how fast time has flown by.  She is not my baby anymore but my little girl.  She is such a great big sister and daughter.  I don't know what I'd do without her.  She helps me out a lot!  I love how loving she is to EVERYONE!  Not only to family members but to total strangers.  I've told Huy that if more kids were like Elle, the world would be such a better place.  Her heart is so big, I envy her.  She teaches me a lot on how to be a better person.  I'm so grateful to have her in our lives.

Elle is quite a character.  She makes us laugh with her goofy antics everyday.  The things she comes up with is hilarious.  We don't know where she gets it from.  For instance, one night while tending to Isla, Elle was playing in her room while waiting for me (Huy was at work).  She came in Isla's room to see me and said, "Mommy, look it's Oobi!" I started laughing hysterically.  For those who don't know, on Nick Jr. there is this show called Oobi.  Oobi is a show based on hand puppets.  (I personally dislike this show because seeing peoples' hands talk creeps me out, but the stories are educational and kids love it.)  Anyhow, Elle found the wiggly eyes that I had bought a while back for a craft project I wanted to do with her.  She also found scotch tape and made her very own Oobi.  She came up with it all by herself!  

Elle's Oobi
Being the eldest and the sister of a newborn, Elle is often alone. She does well though keeping herself occupied and entertained.  It's helpful having a private enclosed yard because she can play outside without me worrying about strangers or her running out on the street.  When I'm unable to take her to the big pool I pull up a kiddie pool for her in the yard and she does fine.  


Elle posing for me (what a goofball)
My daughter is an artist!  Elle has a photographic memory and pays attention to detail.  Last night we watched the movie Rio because daddy was off of work.  We made it a movie night!  Anyhow this was the first time we've ever seen the movie.  Today, my Elle draws this picture.  In order to understand this picture you have to watch the movie.  She remembers what the characters were wearing, color of their hair, birds singing (see the notes), etc.  We have so many pictures that she's drawn.  We have many that we still need to frame and hang up.  It's exciting seeing the pictures she comes up with!

Picture of the movie "Rio", by Elle

No comments: