Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween parade

Happy Halloween!  This morning at Elle's school they had a little Halloween parade for the kids to show off all of their costumes.  I thought it was such a cool idea because Halloween is so much fun, especially getting to dress up.  Well this year I thought Elle could be Snow White because I bought the dress last year and it still had yet to be worn (waste money).  However this past weekend Miss Elle decided she wanted to be a witch.  I was not prepared or in the mood to buy a whole witch costume so luckily my sister found a cute witch hat at Walmart for $ 2.00.  My mom had a little broom perfect for Elle and I still had her black frilly skirt and black halloween shirt that said, "Daddy's under my spell" from last year.  I thought perfect.  This would work great!  So I told her that she could be a witch for Halloween at school and at night she could be Snow White (if she wanted to).  She was so happy and couldn't wait for today!

Soon after I dropped her off at class I waited with all the other parents for the parade to begin.     

you could tell that most parents had done this numerous times
because many of them brought their fold out chairs

beautiful view of a rainbow while waiting
(which meant it started to drizzle)

and the parade began... she was so cute!
she loves her hat!

 




It was such a great turn out!  Every child dressed up and looked so cute!  It will be interesting to do this for another 6 years!

No comments: