Monday, August 1, 2011

Playing pretend

It is amazing how observant little kids are.  Ever since Elle was a baby we've noticed how she would just look and stare at people.  She was often very quiet and always observing what was going on from a distance.  At the age of 3 and while attending preschool she opened up, started talking and interacting more with other children.  

Nearly 2 years has passed and Elle has opened up even more and adjusted well to the many changes in our lives.  Elle is in Kindergarten at a new school, we moved into a new home and welcomed Isla along the way.  Elle knows that she is a big girl and big sister now and shows a lot more independence.  She's great playing by herself and has the most imaginative mind!  

Elle loves playing pretend. Her new thing is pretending to be "mommy".  She often tells me, "I'm going to be a mommy, teacher, dentist and doctor!" (Yup! All four occupations!! Huy and I are glad she has goals!)  She also says that she wants to get married (Huy cringes hearing her say that.  It's kind of funny.  He knows that one of these days he'll have to let his little girls go... Every time Elle mentions marriage he always tells her, "you need to become a doctor first, then you can get married!")

At home I've caught Elle several times being a "mommy" to her dolls.  She is always in everyone's room playing "mommy".  I often find dolls wrapped in Isla's blankets placed in Isla's swing, bouncer, crib, changing table and Elle's bed.  It's cute but I like to have less clutter around the house.  However, our Miss Elle loves to make a mess!  Whenever I ask her to clean it up she tells me, "but my babies are sleeping"

Today I caught her doing this...

 Elle in Isla's room feeding her baby on my chair.
So sweet!

Isla loves water after feeding.  
I stepped away for a second and when I came back Elle was helping Isla with her bottle.

No comments: