ISLA stats at 4 days:
Weight: 7 lbs 7.8 oz
ISLA stats at 1 month:
Weight: 9 lbs 15.1 oz
Length: 22-3/4 in
ISLA stats at 2 months:
Weight: 12 lbs 0.7 oz
Length: 24 in
ISLA stats at 3-1/2 months:
TBD on August 15, 2011
Our brown baby
Isla's hair is growing, growing, growing just like her sister. Everyday it seems to be getting longer. Because she has so much volume her hair at this stage reminds me of Conan O'Brien so I decided I needed to find clips for her hair to hold it down and show off her bangs. It's really unnecessary but it's fun and cute. I also decided to do this because some people who just pass by always thinks she's a boy. : /
Isla truly fits her name because she loves outside. As our little island princess I've learned that she is most comfortable with the trade winds blowing through her hair and the feeling the warmth of the sun on her legs. Although we have airplanes flying overhead, I've noticed that she sleeps much better than inside our home. It's difficult trying to cook or even clean up a bit while she tries to sleep. She always wakes up. Sound travels easily in our home. I take advantage of the times Elle plays outside in her little pool. I sometimes leave Isla outside with Elle in the shade so I can tidy up the house a bit without worrying about making too much noise. It's great having an enclosed courtyard! Now I even take Elle to the big pool because Isla will sleep comfortably under the pavilion.
A new thing for Isla is blowing bubbles and making a "motorboat" sound with her lips. She's trying to tell me something all the time and this was something she had to share. (I was a little too close taking the picture... oops!)
I decided to visit my office one day and I was worried she'd be fussy, but she proved me wrong. I fed her and changed her before we got to the office so when we got there she was a smiley baby, especially because someone carried her the whole time. Even when she started to get tired we put her in her car seat and rocked her to sleep while she had her finger in her mouth and mumbled to everyone how tired she was. It was a great visit!
A little bit of tummy time. Her head is still a little wobbly but she's getting there. She grunts a lot while on her tummy, and a lot more when she is trying to roll over from her back.
The other day while Huy was sleeping from a long night of work, I took the girls over to my parents to visit just to get out of the house. Lucky for me they were on their way to get something to eat so we jumped in with them in their car. It was fun for me and the girls. To not have to drive and to sit next to my 2 girls in a car ride was a nice break for me. It's amazing that we all fit being that my dad drives a civic, but we were all very comfortable.
On our way there I tried snapping some pics of me and Elle. As for Isla... she was knocked out once the car started with her two fingers in her mouth.
I thought she was so adorable. She actually stayed asleep this way for a good 2 hours. : )









1 comment:
Your girls are just beautiful! And I can't believe your Isla is 3 months already!!! SO CRAZY how fast time flies by!!
My Kaden used to suck his two fingers all the time!! He stopped suddenly about a month ago, though. Sometimes, he would even hold the hand in place with his other hand just to make sure those fingers stayed in his mouth! It was hilarious! Isla seems like a good tempered baby! Yay for you guys! :)
Post a Comment