Tuesday, August 9, 2011

New School



My little girl is growing up so quick!  Tomorrow is the first day of kindergarten for Elle!  I am so excited but yet sad.  Elle will be attending Keone'ula Elementary in Ewa Beach.  It's a new school and it's located right around the corner to where we live.  Everyday I will be strolling my little 3 month old and walking my Elle to school.  It's a 5-10 minute walk so nothing strenuous (and it's all leveled with wide sidewalks).  It's nice and cool in the mornings but in the afternoon it gets HOT!  Not enough trees.

This will be very new for me because I won't be stressing trying to get to work on time after dropping her off.  Now that I'm officially not working, I will be living the life of a stay at home mom.  I'm kind of excited and I think Elle is too.  We are definitely sad that she won't be attending her old school (being that EVERYONE knew her).  She's going to start all over making new friends and getting know new teachers.  It's a good thing she likes people.

Everyday my little girl will be wearing a red Keone'ula cub t-shirt (as part of their uniform) which I think is a fabulous idea even though I love dressing up my little girls.  I used to try to mix and match things for Elle when she was in preschool so she would look cute every day. : )  I got lot of compliments from teachers, it's such a great feeling (but it really wasn't necessary).  Who doesn't like to dress up their child?   Now that I have Isla, I'm grateful for uniforms because do not have the extra time to create outfits for Elle.  Being that school starts promptly at 7:50 a.m. this will definitely cut the unnecessary wasted time getting dressed in the mornings.

All and all we are excited, scared and sad all at the same time that Elle is starting kindergarten.  Although this isn't her first time in a classroom setting, kindergarten is definitely not like preschool.  Class sizes are much larger (20 kids as compared to 6) and there is no nap time.  She's growing up!


No comments: