Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day with just the girls...

This year we celebrated Mother's Day on Saturday (5/10) because my sister works on Sundays which worked out great because it allowed me relax on Sunday with my family. Anyhow we made it an "all girl" affair with just my mom, sister, myself and Elle--just the 4 of us!

Our day started off with breakfast at the Original Pancake House in Waiakamilo. After all these years, this place is still busy, busy, busy! The food is so YUMMY! I think the last time I ate there was when my grandparents were still alive. Love the atmosphere, good food, great service. After that we decided to watch a movie. Yup...a movie! At first I was very hesitant because my little girl is only 2-1/2 but she was very interested. She's never seen a TV so big! She was amazed. We figured we could go see a matinee because theaters are usually empty. She sat still through majority of the movie and laughed and made comments. She didn't run around and she actually sat in her chair. She was so good! Then towards the end of the movie she fell asleep on my mom. I actually got to enjoy a movie in a theater without having to leave my little girl at home. After the movie we wanted to get our nails done, but everywhere was booked. But that was okay because I was pooped! My husband was about to wake up at home and we had a baptism to attend soon after that evening. It was a great day!

No comments: