Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Merry Christmas 2011

Christmas this year was GREAT! I didn't get to do much shopping this year but all in all our family had a wonderful time not to mention awesome gifts! However the best part of this Christmas was how much Elle looked forward to it.  At the age of 5 she was very excited about santa, presents and decorations!  Elle LOVES Christmas decorations and loved seeing the house with our Christmas tree lit and stockings hung on the staircase.  She especially loved going to Nana's house because Nana always decorates the house from head to toe!  Elle is very imaginative so the whole concept of Christmas with decorations and santa made everything so magical for her.  

Before Christmas
As part of the Christmas festivities there is the train ride at Pearlridge which Elle enjoys.  On a shopping venture to Pearlridge, its a must to let her ride the train.  It's too bad that when Isla is of age they won't be able to enjoy it together.  





In our new home I was excited to decorate our little staircase!  I decided it would be perfect for our stockings.  As you can see I have still yet to put our names on our stockings but hopefully by next Christmas I will be better prepared.  I was just happy to put on a lighted garland.  It was so pretty at night!




At Elle's school her kindergarten class put together a Gingerbread making activity with the parents.  Huy went with Elle and this is what she created.  She was so proud and she had so much fun!  The one thing I love about Elle is that she doesn't eat candy (except some chocolate) so I was happy to say that this gingerbread house lasted a few days as a decoration in our home and then in the trash it went.  (I am also proud to say that my daughter has BEAUTIFUL-CAVITY FREE teeth!)



On this particular occasion Huy was off from work so we decided to take a drive to Kahala Mall.  It's kind of a far drive for us but we both love Kahala Mall.  Grant it, there isn't too many stores like Ala Moana but we find Kahala Mall so relaxing and perfect for family outings.  It's indoors and it seems so much cleaner than the other malls.  I keep telling myself and Huy and I even mentioned it to my previous boss that one day I will live in Kahala.  I don't know what it is but I have a strong feeling that it will happen.  I love the neighborhood (especially the homes!), would love my girls to grow up there and it is so much more closer to everything (except Huy's work) but all in all, I just have a feeling that I will I just don't know when... :)

Anywhoo, since we were there Elle decided that she wanted to take a picture with Santa and so she did.  This was the very first time for her and she did awesome! She even told him that she wanted a SCOOTER!

Elle couldn't resist making this face while daddy and Isla posed nicely.
See the yummy pretzel dogs in her mouth! (ugh)


Night before Christmas... Itokazu party at Lori-Ann's house!  Our annual get together is only at Christmas.  Every year we see new additions, catch up with cousins, aunts and uncles and of course... eat, eat, eat!  This was the first time everyone met Isla.  She did a great job smiling at everyone.  I was worried she'd be fussy but she was happy on the carpet (not yet crawling) but just being able to do her own thing.  It did get late for her but she did great falling asleep in my arms.  Elle on the other hand was busy playing with the boys (no girl cousins her age)  She was very polite and played well with the others!  
Miss Isla

The Itokazu clan


And then.... Christmas morning!  We first opened gifts we received at the party from my aunts, uncles and cousins.  Elle was happy seeing all the gifts under the tree!  She was even happier when she got to open Isla's presents too.  I did come to realize that Miss Elle looked forward to toys.  She wasn't so ecstatic seeing so many outfits (but I on the other hand LOVE outfits!)  When she's older she'll feel the same way.  I guess at this age, what 5 year old wants a new outfit?!  Elle had never seen so many Macys boxes! She was very familiar with it because we go there quite often.  So every time she'd open a Macys box she'd say, "I LOVE MACYS"! (*silly*)  




Isla's first present.  She liked the ribbons!








She was happy...just acting silly!

helping Isla with her present

Isla's new toy!  She was very happy! 


See how happy she is...always in her mouth







We then headed over to my parents house where Elle and Isla were engulfed with even more presents from aunty Amber and Nana and Papa!  Elle got exactly what she wanted...a HELLO KITTY SCOOTER.  She also got VTECH reading book, VTECH digital camera and lots more!  Huy and I scored from my parents a XBOX Kinect which we all enjoy playing together (IT'S AWESOME!)  

We had another great Christmas!  We are so grateful for everything, especially our 2 girls, our home and our family!  We look forward to a new year and next Christmas!  



No comments: