Saturday, October 29, 2011

Best sister ever!

I am so happy I have my sister!  She helps me out A LOT, especially with Elle.  It seems that ever since Miss Isla joined us we've accepted the fact that we have a clingy baby.  This in turn makes my time with Elle very limited.  I call her my "opihi baby".  I'm so grateful that Elle is a good sport.  I often forget that she is only 5 years old because she does her best to act like she's much older.  Of course, even 5 year olds need adequate attention.  I love Elle at this age because she is grasping more concepts everyday and is so intrigued with EVERYTHING! This is where my sister comes in handy.  Amber is my younger sister.  We are 5 years apart.  Elle LOVES her because they are so much a like!  To Elle, Aunty Amber is fun and makes time for her as well as buys her cool new stuff.

Monday is Halloween and usually I'm excited for Elle because I'd get her ready by doing cool stuff like going to the pumpkin patch, carving pumpkins, figuring out what she'll be for Halloween, etc.  However this year... I wasn't that excited.  It's not only because of Isla but also because money is tight and we can't be spending it on excessive things like before.  It is really difficult for me.  I LOVE to shop and buy cute stuff, but when you're not working it's kind of hard to spend.

Amber helps me give Elle the attention she deserves.  She plays with her, takes her places and does cool activities with her.  I make a concerted effort to visit my parents every weekend just so Elle can get the attention she craves and of course for Isla to get used to her family. Recently Amber bought the Just Dance 3 game for her WII and Elle just has a blast (well we all do!  it is so much fun!!)

Today I had to take the girls to the doctor's office because it was Elle's annual check up as well as Isla's flu shot.  I didn't want to go alone because both girls were scheduled to get shots so I dragged my sister along.  (Huy was supposed to come with me but he had worked the night before and was scheduled to work tonight as well.)  After our appointment we went back to my mom's and hung out.  Amber decided to let Elle carve little pumpkins she had bought.
Elle helping to clean the pumpkins

Aunty Amber and Elle posing and carving...

...still posing and carving
It's the little things that Elle loves the most.  I'm so happy I have my sister to help me out.  Without her (and my mom) Elle wouldn't have as much fun during these holiday festivities (at least until Isla is able to participate as well).

No comments: