Sunday, December 27, 2009

The Christmas with a fake tree...


It's that time of year again! Presents, shopping, caroling, decorations and most importantly Christmas trees.... I know that the true meaning of Christmas has nothing to do with having a Christmas tree but... to me a real Christmas tree is a definite must! There is something special about a real Christmas tree. It may be the smell, or just the fact that while growing up my parents always purchased a REAL Christmas tree for my sister and I. It was tradition. This year... was the very first year I was saddened to have to succumb to purchasing a FAKE tree! Yup, a FAKE Christmas tree. I admit it looks perfect, all the branches are even, the lights are evenly distributed but it is just not the same...

Huy and I thought 2 weeks before Christmas should be enough time to purchase a tree without it being dead by Christmas. We did it years prior. However with our luck, this was not the case. One of the containers filled with trees needed to be sent back because of bugs, in turn lessening the supply of trees for purchase. We were scrambling everywhere and there was nothing left anywhere. We made the ultimate sacrifice and purchased a fake tree at Kmart. It was not a pleasant purchase.

Christmas came along. Our house was decorated and festive and besides the unnecessary foolishness with the fake Christmas tree, we had a wonderful Christmas!

Elle's mini Christmas Tree


Presents...

presents...

the concentration...

and more presents...

oh the excitement!!

Elle is very fortunate to have so many people love her and shower her with presents...We are extremely grateful.

Elle insisting on helping Papa Itokazu with putting up their fake Christmas tree...

I guess after all those years of catering to my sister and I, my parents felt they need not to purchase real Christmas trees anymore and decided that a fake Christmas tree would work best in their favor from now on... Needless to say, my sister and I were very disappointed.

No comments: