![]() |
| I <3 my cake! |
Now that I stay home in the day I get to watch foodnetwork.com more often and one of my newest favorite shows is the Barefoot Contessa. I didn't really care for this show at first because a lot of her food looked so pretentious for my taste buds but I grew fond of her show after watching it more often. What intrigued me about her was her relationship with her husband. She makes such yummy meals for him that inspires me to try and do the same for my husband. A well fed husband is a happy husband!
Anywhoo on one episode she made a simple old fashioned blueberry crumb cake that looked YUM! I just so happen had all of the ingredients in my refrigerator and pantry so I thought that would be such a yummy dessert after dinner! I don't bake too often because I'm not so much a sweets person but for some reason I really wanted to try and make this dessert. I fell in love! It wasn't too sweet, cake was moist and the streusel topping added a perfect crunch. I thought of it as a blueberry muffin on steroids! It was a big hit with my husband!


No comments:
Post a Comment