I've mentioned various times that Isla is a "loud" and "high maintenance" baby but overall she is absolutely lovable! Her laugh is addicting and her smile illuminates a room. If she was a mellow baby she'd be perfect, but of course no one is perfect. She is a challenge for me everyday. My biggest and only challenge is learning how to get her to relax, self soothe herself and overall sleep "effortlessly". My poor baby cannot sleep. I read up on ways to put her down but I have such a hard time because she will scream (not cry but scream) and get all worked up rather than relaxed. These techniques seem to not work with her (or maybe I'm not trying hard enough to put it into effect) but at night it is so draining and so sad not to mention it takes away my time with Elle. Isla still needs me to soothe her before sleeping so I do it for two reasons: 1) she sleeps so much better and 2) it allows me to sleep better too. I like to still think she is a baby that is not ready to sleep on her own. I'm hoping she'll be the type of baby that will one day (preferably by 6-7 months) surprise me and put herself down all by herself.
A few pics of my little girl when happy and content:
![]() |
| All relaxed from her warm bath |
![]() |
| All smiles |
![]() |
| Tummy time... about to roll over again... |
![]() |
| ...and again |
![]() |
| reading |
![]() |
| excited seeing the different pictures in the book |
What I've learned about Isla within these past few months:
1) She is overly aware of her surroundings and does not want to miss out on anything.
2) You will always see her looking around, kicking air, babbling, making motor boat sounds with her lips,
spitting and sucking on her hands.
3) She is constantly moving. She has got a mean kick!
4) It seems that she is impatient with being stuck in one place.
5) She is so determined to get mobile.
6) The only time she is content is when she is in my baby carrier.
7) She LOVES bath time!
8) She loves playing pat-a-cake
Isla has also learned to reach out to people. One morning when Huy came home from work she was so elated to see him she reached out her arms and started leaning toward him while I was carrying her. We thought it was so cute. She'd go to him then realize she was not with me anymore so then looks at me and comes back.







1 comment:
Hey Noelle!!
I tried emailing you through FB, but did you cancel it? :(
I wanted to see if you guys were busy next weekend? Tehani (Fuchigami) is coming to town and I wanted to plan a little get-together with some old Sendai RM's and maybe some BYUH people that we all know. I don't know how well Huy knows Tehani, but thought I'd throw the invitation out! We may have it at my house, or at Josh's (Horita) not sure where...but it'll probably be Friday night 10/7.
I HOPE we can see you and your cute girls-especially little Isla! She's so cute!
Let me know! 561-9565 or syumi9@gmail.com
Post a Comment