Saturday, June 19, 2010

Dinosaurs invade Pearlridge Center


This summer the dinosaurs invaded Pearlridge Shopping Center.  They had mechanical dinosaurs displayed at different parts of the mall.  However the main attraction was in the center of the mall with a train set up for the kids to ride.  Pearlridge is known for their train rides during their various exhibitions they showcase.  This year I wanted to see if Elle wanted to ride the train.  I've always been hesitant because she never has anyone to ride with her.  But this year I thought she might be ready.  Sure enough, I was right.  She was ecstatic on the idea and she could not wait to ride.  At first I thought she'd be scared of the dinosaurs but she LOVED them.  Everytime she'd pass them on the train she'd say, "Hi dinosaur" and wave.  It's so cute because she gets all the other kids to follow her and do the same.  She loved the dinosaurs so much we took several trips to the mall just to see them... and she's rode the train twice. 

$3 train ride for 10 minutes.  It's pricey but worth seeing her so happy!

Patiently waiting...

Elle and Ms. T
(I made her a female because Elle knows her as a mommy dinosaur from the movie
Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs)

1 comment:

Yumi said...

We went there last week! But only my oldest, Kela, would ride the train. Anna just liked to watch from the side. She gets freaked out by large moving animals. When they had the insect exhibits and train, she cried on the train. So...at least she knew that & decided that she didn't need to ride. Poor Kela had to ride all by herself. Our youngest, Jolee, on the other hand, freaked out the entire time we were waiting for Kela to finish the train ride. She kept grabbing my shirt and peeking at the dinosaurs...and crying anew when they moved or roared. I should post those pics because they are funnier than the pics of Kela riding the train.