


From the day she was born, Elle was blessed with a beautiful head of hair. It covered her head evenly and was very soft to the touch. She was born with deep dark brown hair with natural waves. As a baby, it was a lot of fun combing her hair and putting in cute hair accessories. I really adored her hair. As time went by, her hair continued to grow effortlessly. Things started to become more problematic and you could tell it began to bother her. By the age of 3 it reached her butt, as you can see above. Needless to say I thought it was time to get her very first haircut.
Since it was her very first haircut, I decided it was best to get it professionally done. On a lovely "furlough friday" morning I took her to Pigtails and Crewcuts. Very cute salon! I must say, they were busy, busy, busy...with lots of boys! It made me realize that if I had a boy, he'd have to have a haircut every other week! Luckily I have a girl and long hair is desirable!


I must say, the hair dresser did a great job. I loved it and I thought her new do suited her well.

Prepping the hair...

and cut...
voila!
*Interesting fact: This actually was the length of her hair at age 1.
The best part of this experience was the fact that her haircut ended up being FREE! Her hair was so long it met the requirement (10") for it to be donated. I was very pleased with the results and to add that it was free, made this experience even better! Some lucky child will have a beautiful wig, thanks to my little girl.



2 comments:
Her hairrrrrr!! Wow, it's so short now! When you guys came over, I kept thinking..."oh my gosh, that's the longest hair I've ever seen on a 3 year old!" It was soo beautiful! But shorter hair looks uber cute! Does she like it?! It must feel so light now!
Yes Yumi, short hair is way better for me. Elle doesn't miss her long hair. I had her watch Mulan. Elle thinks she's like Mulan. It was a win-win situation!
Post a Comment