Saturday, June 6, 2009

Family night at the 50th State Fair!

Huy and I love carnivals and fairs. We mainly like it because of all the junk food we get to try and eat! We feel that it's a great place to just have fun! Because I don't like to ride the rides we enjoy playing the carnival games! Now that we have Elle we make it more of an effort to take her to these functions. Elle is at such a great age. She is learning and observing so much, she gets extremely excited when she sees and does something new!
We love seeing her HAPPY!







Elle getting ready to go!
This is her routine every time we go out somewhere. When she reaches the end of the curb, she pauses and jumps off landing on both of her feet. If she doesn't land on both feet, she gets back up on the curb and tries again until she successfully does so! Our MISS INDEPENDENT!


At the fair they had a cute section for little kids to pretend working on the farm.

Elle loved raking the hay!
(Note: We literally had to pry her away from the rake.)


They also had a great petting zoo section filled with baby goats, pot bellied pigs, a cow and some dogs.
Elle loves her animals! She had to go in and pet the animals. She wasn't as aggressive as some other children (which I am very glad) I felt really bad for some of the animals. Some kids pulled the goats tails and insisted on trying to carry the pigs. Elle on the other hand was very cautious and courteous to the animals.
She and daddy had fun!


After playing with the animals, we took a little break.

We continued our night playing carnival games. Huy and I did okay. We aren't regular gamers, but we did win Elle a couple of little stuffed animals. It did take us a while to win things and realized in the end that it may have been cheaper to just buy the stuffed animals at the store....but of course winning it at a game at a fair is way more exciting and somehow makes the prize seem so much more valuable??! :)



Before we left the fair I wanted Elle to try at least one ride, so I figured what would be better than a gigantic slide! (Plus it was a ride I didn't mind riding.)
Elle was a little scared because we started off so high, but she was a good sport and went through with it!

No comments: